About Dr. Sameer Arbat
Dr. Sameer Arbat
Fellowship in Interventional Pulmonology, Ancona, Italy
Ex-Senior Registrar, KEM Hospital, Mumbai.
Ex-Trainee, Tata Cancer Institute, Mumbai.
Ex-Visiting Trainee, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, New Delhi.
Dr Sameer Arbat, young Interventional Pulmonologist from Nagpur is the first doctor to have Central India’s only EBUS and Cryotherapy setup. He has received many awards at national conferences and has many national and international publications to his name. He has performed more than 500 Interventional procedures including Cryotherapy, EBUS, Endobronchial Debulking and Thoracoscopy.
- Dr Sameer Arbat is the Pioneer of Interventional Pulmonology in Central India and is
the first doctor to have Central India’s only EBUS and Cryotherapy setup.
- He has performed more than 500 Interventional procedures including Cryotherapy, EBUS, Endobronchial Debulking and Thoracoscopy.
- He has expertise in treating various Respiratory Disorders such as Asthma, COPD, Bronchiectasis, ILD, Allergy and Sleep Disorders.
- Dr Sameer Arbat completed his MBBS and MD in Respiratory Medicine from JNMC, Sawangi, Wardha.
- He has worked as Assistant Professor at Department of Respiratory Medicine, JNMC Sawangi Wardha.
- He gained vast experience in all sub-specialties of pulmonology by working as Senior Registrar at India’s premier institute, KEM Hospital Mumbai.
- He then joined premier cancer care institute, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai where he performed more than 100 Bronchoscopies while working at Department of Thoracic Oncology.
- With his interest in Intervention and a strong CV, he was invited to work at Thoracic Endoscopy Service of the Pulmonary Diseases Unit of the Azienda OspedaliRiuniti, Ancona, Italy under the guidance of his mentor, Dr Stefano Gasparini who is considered the world authority in Interventional Pulmonology.
- He gained further experience as a Visiting Trainee in Interventional Pulmonology under Dr Rajiv Goyal, at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, New Delhi.
● Dr Sameer is the youngest International Faculty in Interventional Pulmonology.
● Dr Sameer has been faculty at many National Conferences as Speaker.
Invited as Guest Speaker at the reputed University of Rochester, New York, USA in 2019.
● Dr Sameer has presented more than 10 oral presentations at National and International Conferences.
More than 15 publications in national and international journals and has been author to a chapter on COPD in the Clinical Book of Respiratory Medicine.
● Awarded 1st Prize at IPL 2018 at Mumbai, 2018, 2nd Prize at BRONCOCON 2015, Udaipur, 2015 and 3rd Prize at NAPCON 2016, Mumbai, 2016.
● He was awarded the Indian Chest Society Grant for Young Researcher for representing India at the ERS Congress 2018 at Paris, France where he presented study on Cryobiopsy at ERS Congress 2018 in Paris, France.
● Dr Sameer’s Study on “Clinical Profile of Patients of Non-Smoker COPD” presented at American College of Chest Physicians(ACCP) Chest Congress 2019 was covered by more than 5 International News Agencies all over Asia.
● His study on 110 patients of Interstitial Lung Disease at KEM was presented at the ERS Congress in London 2016.
● He has been the Organizing Secretary to many National Conferences.
● Dr Sameer is the Chief Editor of Respiratory Newsletter Res-Q published by Department of Pulmonology, KRIMS Hospitals.
● He is credited with running a special Asthma-COPD and ILD Patient Education Program every week at KRIMS Hospitals with more than 2000 patients enrolled in this program.
● He has a keen interest in creating public awareness on respiratory diseases and is a regular speaker on All India Radio and has many news paper articles published to his name.
● Dr Sameer has been an active panellist with Clean Air Asia Organisation for creating awareness about Air Pollution.
● Dr Sameer’s work on Smoking and E-Cigarettes has been covered by International News Portals in USA.
● Dr Sameer Arbat was presented “Young Achiever Award for Outstanding Contribution in Health” by Global Nagpur Awards on 30th November 2018.
● Dr Sameer has been awarded “Vidarbha Ratna” in 2019.
Dr Sameer Ashok Arbat, interventional pulmonologist, KRIMS Hospitals Nagpur has [...]
If you have COPD, immediately stop smoking. Stopping smoking is [...]
Interventional Pulmonologist from Nagpur, Dr. Sameer Arbat has been invited [...]
Dr Sameer Arbat received the prestigious “Best Paper Award” at [...]
Dr Sameer Arbat was awarded “Young Achiever for Outstanding Contribution [...]
Interventional pulmonology is a relatively new specialty in pulmonary medicine. [...]
Behavior of the total staff is very nice. Nicely taken care of each n every person. Homely atmosphere.